The following players have been invited to the first of four Nigeria Scrabble Federation camping toward the WESPAC tournament holding in Goa later this year. They have until January 15, 2019, to respond and signify their intent to participate by contacting the National coach or the Technical Director.
- Moses Peter – 1846 (African Champ, National Champion x 2 & WESPAC 17 Runner Up)
- Olatunde Oduwole – 1829 (National Champion)
- Wellington Jighere – 1791 ( World Champ, African Champ x 2)
- Rex Ogbakpa – 1774 (African Champ)
- Eta Karo – 1740 ( National Champion)
- Cyril Umebiye – 1701
- Dennis Ikekeregor – 1683 ( African Champ x 2)
- Quickpen Ben – 1653
- Enoch Nwali – 1653
- Ezinore George – 1638
- Tuoyo Mayuku – 1627
- Godwin Victor- 1612
- Raymond Gbaraba – 1602
- Sule Success – 1256
- Afolayan Bukunmi – 1193
Also, wildcards have been extended to the following persons
- Oshevire Avwenagha – 1549
- Nsikak Etim – 1521 ( African Champion)
- Emmanuel Umujose – 1509
- Ojior Osikhena – 1508
- Doko Oluwatimilehin – WAUG 2018 Champ.
Schedule of activities
Date: January 24 – 28, 2019.
Arrival Date: January 24, 2019.
Venue: NLNG Bonny
Number of games: 40
Round 1 – 2: SWISS Pairings
Round 3 – 34: Lagged Pairings
Round 35 – 40: KOTH Pairings
WESPA Rules Version 3 applies for the duration.
- Nigeria currently has 9 slots meaning that the best female player automatically gets the 9th slot.
- All players must remain in the top 13 positions after the cumulative 4 series and ratings respectively.
- All invited players are to come along with their complete scrabble playing materials to include Scrabble Board, Protyle, Racks, Timer, and a conducive Tracker to record words and scores for verification purposes.
- The cumulative performances in conjunction with the NSF Ratings will form a major part for a player to be selected.
- All invited players are required to pay up their N5,000.00 annual license fee to be eligible to participate on or before Series 2 of the selection tournaments.
- All invited players are to please be of good conduct throughout the duration of the qualifying series or risk the chance of being replaced.