I am directed to inform you that the NSF has concluded arrangement to organize the under listed activities as scheduled below:
- NSF General Assembly – 25th June 2018
- Workshop for Tournament Directors/Adjudicators/ Coaches –
26th and 27th June 2018.
- Asaph Zadok National Scrabble Championship – 28th – 30th June 2018.
I am further directed to inform you that in accordance with article 3.1 of the Code of Governance for National Sports Federation, the General Assembly shall be made up of NSF Board and (2) two delegates i.e Chairman and secretaries from each State Scrabble Federation including the Federal Capital Territory(FCT) or their representatives. However, Scrabble players may be allowed to attend as observers.
Please note :
- Any State that is willing to attend the General Assembly should submit names of their delegates to the NSF Secretary-General, through email@example.com or SMS to 08065455517.
- All presentations during the Assembly should be sent to the NSF secretariat on or before 18th June 2018 to enable the Secretariat to capture it in the Agenda and copies made.
- General Assembly starts at 7.00pm prompt.
- Registration for Workshop/submission of names should be forwarded to the NSF Secretariat on or before 6th June 2018.
- The NSF will provide accommodation for Chairmen and Secretaries of the 36 States including FCT on 24th and 25th June 2018 for the General Assembly.
- The NSF will provide accommodation for the TD/Coaches Workshop(paid) on 25th, 26th, and 27th June 2018.
- The NSF will provide accommodation for National Championship on 27th, 28th, 29th and 30th June 2018.
A registration fee of N30, 000 will be paid by each participant.
Fees inclusive of Workshop Materials, Certificates, Breakfast, Lunch and Accommodation.
All participants are advised to come with their Laptops.
Tournament Director Certificate will be presented to those who pass the test as Tournament Director/Coach/Adjudicator during the workshop.
Modalities for the 2018 Asaph Zadok National Scrabble Championship
- Each State to register a maximum of six players to participate in this year’s Championship.
- Defending Champion has an automatic slot
- Each State to pay a participating fee of N25, 000.00 to NSF Access Bank account not later than Friday 22nd June 2017
- All representatives MUST be licensed and their club affiliation fee paid
- Selection of States qualifiers to have been concluded not later than Monday 18th June 2018 and names submitted to the Technical Committee not later than Wednesday 20th June 2018
- Asaph Zadok National Scrabble Championship to be held from 28th – 30th June 2018 (Thursday, Friday and Saturday).
- Venue – Package B National Stadium Abuja.
- The format of play 24 games using AU Pair: Games 1 and 2, Australian draw, Games 3 -21 Lagged Australian and Games 22 -24 of King of the Hill.
- Prize details:
- National Champion (Green jacket) – N150, 000.002.
- 1st Runner-up – Silver Medal – N100, 000.00
- 2nd Runner-up – Bronze Medal – N 50, 000.00
- Best State Trophy – N100, 000.00
- A trophy to be presented to the winner and medals to 1st-3rd positions.
- A trophy to be presented to the best-performing state team
- Accommodation to be provided for all participating states
- Tea break and Lunch will be provided
- Certificate of Participation will be given to all participating teams
Accept, please, the highest esteem of the NSF Board.