To register for this event click here.
The Governor of the oil rich Akwa Ibom State and Nigeria Scrabble Federation in conjunction with Akwa Ibom State Scrabble Association wish to invite interested Scrabble players to the 6th Godswill Akpabio International Scrabble Classics 2012.
The event will be held at Le Meridien Ibom Hotel & Golf Resort, Nwaniba Road , Uyo from 26th -30th September 2012 .
- DICTIONARY: Collins Scrabble Dictionary (CSW 12)
- RULES: WESPA Rules Version 2 but with 10- point penalty challenge per move rule
- ROUNDS: 28 rounds (games). Modified Swiss pairings with no repeats for first 24 games with lagged draws after game 1 and KOH (King of the Hill) for the last 4 games.
- Masters : Above 1500 points on the National Ratings
- Intermediate : 1200 – 1499 points on the National Ratings
- Open : Below 1200 points on the National Ratings and unrated, non-international players
- Veterans: Over 55 years old/inactive captains of industries. However, NSF reserves the right to confirm and approve status.
Registration and Entry Fees
- Registered Master: N10,000
- Unregistered Master: N18,000
- Registered Intermediate: N7,000
- Unregistered Intermediate: N15,000
- Registered Opens: N6,000
- Unregistered Open: N14,000
- Registered Veteran: N7,000.00
- Unregistered Veteran: N15,000
- Foreign (International) Players: $350 ( Includes Hotel accommodation for 5 nights)
- Ladies: free if you are an NSF licensed player, N8,000 otherwise
Note: Registered players are players who are affiliated under registered clubs in Nigeria.
Payments and Registration to start from Monday 03 September and end on Friday 14 September, 2012 to allow us time to collate registrations and include participating players names in the event brochure. Foreign (non Nigeria based) players are to register their intention to compete on this website.
Payments should be made to: ACCESS BANK ACCOUNT NO 0005397374 Acct Name: NIGERIA SCRABBLE FEDERATION
Registration must be done online to validate participation. The website will recognise only one (1) payment and one registration at a time. You will be prompted to enter your current rank on the rating system and confirm your payment teller (deposit) number. Also remember to use one teller per person when paying in at the bank. Ladies registration is free.
International ( based outside Nigeria) Players
International players who wish to compete at this event are to pay an entry fee of $350. This includes hotel accommodation for 5 nights. Please note that the above fee for international players is payable at the venue (however, registration must be done online to indicate participation). For international players, the fee covers registration, accommodation (bed and breakfast) for 5 nights (Wednesday – Monday) and lunch at the venue from Thursday to Sunday. There will be an opening ceremony on Thursday, 27th September 2012 which promises to be very interesting.
Accommodation and Hotel Bookings
For accommodation arrangements for players based in Nigeria, please contact Akwa Ibom State Scrabble Association:
- Umoh Bassey – 08036706080
- Victor Owokere – 08023219801
Travelling to Uyo
Uyo has an airport that can be accessed directly from either Lagos or Abuja by the following airlines:
Check your arrival and departure times to and fro Nigeria and see which flights best connect you to Uyo.
Contacts for Invitation/Enquiries
- Chief Toke Aka email@example.com
- Femi Awowade firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jack Mpakaboari email@example.com
- James Eakyns firstname.lastname@example.org
- Umoh Bassey email@example.com
|1st||US$ 15,000.00 (N2,500,000.00)||N1,000,000.00||N700,000.00||N700,000.00||N60,000|
Please note that 10% of all prize monies will be deducted as tax and virtually all prizes will be paid by cheques.
Programme of Events
|DAY 1 ( Wednesday 26th SEPTEMBER 2012)||All day||Arrival of Players|
|DAY 2 (Thursday 27th September 2012)||All day||Physical Registration of Players|
|12:00Noon||Guided Tour of Uyo and Environs (Gifts will be given to those who make this)
Courtesy Call on Governor (Invited Guests only)
|DAY 3 (Friday 28th September 2012)||08:00am - 1:00pm||Games 1 - 5|
|1:05pm - 1:55pm||Lunch break|
|2:00pm - 7:00pm||Games 6 - 10|
|DAY 4 (Saturday 29th September 2012)||08:00am - 1:00pm||Games 11 - 15|
|12:50pm - 1:55pm||Lunch break|
|2:00pm - 4:00pm||Games 16 – 20|
|DAY 5 (Sunday 30th September 2012)||08:00am - 1:00pm||Games 21 – 25 KOH for game 25)|
|1:05pm - 1:55pm||Lunch break|
|2:00pm - 5.00pm||Games 26 - 28 (KOH)|
|7:00pm||Presentation of Prizes / Gala Nite|