The Scrabble event of the 19th National Sports Festival begins this morning Tuesday 11th December 2018 with the Men and Women’s Singles games in the following category (Masters, Intermediate, Open and Ladies).
NSF Technical Director Faruq Baba-Inna reports that twenty-four states have entries in the male category and fourteen states in the female. One hundred and eighty-six male athletes and thirty-eight female athletes. The total number of athletes is two hundred and twenty-four. New entrants are Bauchi, Gombe and Kebbi States. Missing in action are Katsina, Ondo, Kogi and Kaduna states.
The program of events released by the NSF shows a total of 33 games will be played over five days to determine medalists in the various events. Find the events results and coverage on our tournaments section.
- Singles Men – Masters (3 medals)
- Singles Men – Intermediate (3 medals)
- Singles Men – Open (3 medals)
- Doubles Men – Masters (3 medals)
- Doubles Men – Intermediate (3 medals)
- Doubles Men – Open (3 medals)
- Team Men – Masters (3 medals)
- Team Men – Intermediate (3 medals)
- Team Men – Open. (3 medals)
- Singles Women. (3 medals)
- Doubles Women (3 medals)